Early Childhood Screening(12)–December 2019
Early Childhood Screening is required by the State of Minnesota for all preschool-aged children (ages three to five), before entering public school. It is a free and simple check on how your child is growing and developing, and is structured to include fun games that will assess multiple areas of your child’s health and development, including:
- Vision, hearing and physical growth
- Health and immunization history
- Social and emotional development
- Fine and gross motor ability
- Cognitive development
- Speech, language and articulation
Screening supports your child’s readiness for kindergarten and promotes positive developmental outcomes. Screening may also lead to referrals for early learning opportunities. Note: Although Early Childhood Screening is required for entrance in Minnesota’s public schools (or within 30 days of enrollment into kindergarten), screening is not a kindergarten entrance test. For more information, view the Minnesota Statute here.
Minnetonka Early Childhood Screening takes place at: 18707 Excelsior Blvd., Minnetonka, MN 55345
(Directions: Hwy. 7 to Vine Hill Road (go north). Take first right turn onto Excelsior Blvd. (by Midas Auto Shop). Location is 1/4 mile on right (next to Sunrise Senior Living Center.)
IMPORTANT ONLINE REGISTRATION NOTES:
- There are 2 STEPS to completing your online registration. After completing the registration questions 1). Select "Enroll," and then on the next page, 2.) Click on the Shopping Basket to Select "Check Out for $0." You must complete both steps.
- When online registration is successful, you will receive a confirmation email with the appointment date and time, plus a reminder email two days before the appointment.
** If you do not receive the initial confirmation email, please call Sue Ryan, at (952) 401-6840, to ensure your child's online registration has been received.
- We do not have space to accommodate walk-in appointments.