FIRST® LEGO® League
Youth Enrichment / STEM / FIRST Robotics -
**PLEASE NOTE: Practice times/days will be determined by the volunteer coach & team members at the start of the season.**
What is FIRST LEGO® League?
FIRST® LEGO® League is an international LEGO® program in which children work in teams to design, build and program a robot to complete missions. FLL challenges kids to think like scientists and engineers. Teams will build, test and program an autonomous robot using LEGO MINDSTORMS® to solve a set of missions in the Robot Game. They will also choose and solve a real-world question in the Project. Throughout their experience, teams will operate under FLL’s signature set of core values. For the FLL Basics see the link here: FLL Basics or check out this YouTube Video: What's FIRST LEGO® League?
- Teams consist of 3-6 members.
- Teams meet 1-2 times each week Sept.-Dec. to work on their challenge.
- Teams will compete in a regional (VIRTUAL) tournament in late November through early Dec.
- Team meeting dates and times will be set according to the coaches' and participants' schedules once teams are formed.
- All required materials (robot kit, software, field setup kit) and tournament registrations are included in the course fee.
- Each participant will receive a FIRST® LEGO® League t-shirt.
Minnetonka FLL Season Outline:
- Global FLL Challenge Released: August 1st
- Registration Deadline: Friday, September 10th
- Minnetonka Teams Released: Monday, September 13th
- Minnetonka Season Kick-Off: TBD.
- FLL Regional Tournaments: Mid-November - December. Dates not yet released.
- FLL Section Tournament (if advancing): Typically Mid-January
Parents: We need volunteer coaches. Please indicate your desire to coach on the registration form. We will provide you with all the materials you need, training, resources and support. Coaches Training Dates can be found here